What are the steps to install Enviro Data?
Enviro Data can be installed either from a file downloaded from Geotech or from a network location. Use the following steps to install Enviro Data:
- You may need Administrator privileges to run the Setup program. You can enter credentials during Setup in the User Access Control dialog. If you do not have Admin access, you will need to have your IT Dept. do the installation. You may also need to right-click the setup program and choose "Run as Administrator."
- You can install Enviro Data using the file downloaded from Geotech. If you are on a network, your system administrator will supply the directory where the Enviro Data installation program is located.
- All Microsoft Office programs (including Access) should be closed to permit the installation program to install any updated files.
- Use Windows Explorer to find the Setup.exe file, located on your hard disk where you saved it during download or on your network. (In some cases, this file may have a different name, or the .exe extension may not be visible.)
- Double click on Setup.exe.
- When you install a new program in Windows 10, Defender may check to see if the program is a recognized app. Since Enviro Data and some other programs from smaller software publishers are not frequently seen, Windows 10 may not recognize them and pop up a warning that reads “Windows has protected your PC.” Since you know the source of the Enviro Data install, simply click on the on the text below the warning that reads More info. This will pop up a second window with two buttons. Clicking on the Run anyway button will allow the Enviro Data install program to run.
- Once the install starts, you may see the normal Windows User Account Control warning about an unknown program. Click Yes to continue the install.
- If InstallShield displays the Setup Options screen, select the “Repair” option.
- The InstallShield Wizard for Enviro Data will ask if you would like to continue with the installation. Click Next. Click on Yes after reading the license agreement. In the next box, CHOOSE DESTINATION LOCATION, click on Next to install Enviro Data in the default pathname, or select Browse to choose your own. We strongly recommend that you install it in the default location, at least at first, to simplify startup and technical support. A SETUP STATUS box comes up while the installation process begins writing the program and its associated files to your disk drive.
- The install program next copies the Enviro Data files to your computer hard drive.
- Towards the end of the install, a second installation program is run that installs the map control. Occasionally, this second install will simply end without saying it has completed. This is OK.
When the installation has completed, the InstallShield Wizard will display the INSTALLATION COMPLETE form. Click Finish. You are now ready to use Enviro Data. In some cases, you may be asked to reboot your computer after the installation completes.